position: senior financial controller & Financial controller
application deadline: preferably asap, latest august 5th
contact: KRISTIN LOSSIUS | 40 30 50 40
contact: knut r. leganger-krogstad | 98 08 85 35
In 2018, Opera completed an initial public offering on Nasdaq. As a US-listed and growing company, we are in the process of strengthening our group finance team with 2 financial controllers, one with 4-5 years’ experience, and one with 2-3 years’ experience, preferably from a Big 4 accounting firm or from a similar position in a publicly listed company.
The group finance team is responsible for preparing consolidated financial statements in accordance with IFRS. As Financial Controller in that team, you will have several areas of responsibilities, including identifying and addressing accounting issues, consolidation, participate in preparation of annual financial statements and quarterly earnings releases, analysis and continuously improving related processes. Ensuring adequate internal control over financial reporting (ICFR) is inherent in everything the group finance team does and you will have a key role in that regard by being responsible for executing key controls and together with the team continuously improving the design of internal controls to address identified risks.
You will have the opportunity to contribute in different projects across the finance department and use your knowledge and skills in a dynamic and exciting work environment. As both positions are newly established, you will also be able to build and influence the way we work.
Areas of responsibility:
For the senior position, the main areas of responsibilities will be:
· Preparing annual financial statements and quarterly earnings releases, including disclosures;
· Researching and resolving accounting issues under IFRS;
· Helping resolve technical consolidation issues;
· Tax calculation for individual group entities;
· Preparation of statutory financial statements and tax papers for the group’s Norwegian entities;
· Executing and continuously improving internal controls over financial reporting; and
· Facilitating the external audit process.
While the Financial Controller will have responsibilities overlapping with those of the Senior Financial Controller, the main areas of responsibility include being responsible for technical consolidation. This includes maintaining and improving the consolidation system (Oracle’s Financial Consolidation and Close). The Financial Controller will also be responsible for ensuring the financial reporting for the fintech segment (microlending) is in accordance with the group’s accounting policies. In this regard, interest and experience within finance will be an advantage.
Both positions will report to Senior Director Financial Reporting.
Required qualifications (both positions):
· Master's degree in accounting and auditing (MRR);
· Experience from audit and/or financial reporting, preferably from a Big 4 accounting firm or from similar positions in a publicly listed company;
· Experience with group accounting and consolidation;
· Knowledge of and interest in IFRS; and
· Good written and verbal communication skills, both in English and Norwegian.
Required personal skills:
· Structured, analytical and with ability to see the bigger picture;
· Ambitious and eager to learn;
· Flexible and open mindset;
· Self-driven and ability to thrive under pressure; and
· Team player.
You will be working in a team of highly skilled and motivated colleagues. You will be offered an exciting and challenging role with broad exposure and possibility of personal and professional career development within the organization. The positions may require some travelling.
Founded in 1995 in Norway, Opera delivers browsers, AI-driven digital content platforms and fintech services to more than 350 million people worldwide. The company remains one of the most innovative browser creators in the world. While our history spans more than 20 years, we are in many ways a new company. We have big ambitions for the future and are always up to something new. We are a company of approximately 400 people, headquartered in Oslo, Norway, with major offices in Poland, China and Sweden, as well as presence in 15 additional countries.